Thermal R&D Raptor Roof Top System for the Polaris Slingshot
- Login & Earn 2495 Points when purchasing this item
- Part Name: thermal-raptor-roof-top-system-polaris-slingshot
- Part Number: SM-7374
- *** PROJECTED ETA EARLY-MID JULY ***
Polaris Slingshot Raptor Roof Top System by Thermal R&D
Roof top systems have become one of thee most popular mods for Slingshot owners, because they allow both the driver and passenger to spend more time enjoying the drive, and less time worrying about baking in the sun. Thermal R&D has knocked it out of the park with their top design.. dubbed the "Raptor". Thermal R&D is located in Sunny Southern California and is responsible for creating our two most popular selling exhaust systems for the Slingshot, the Dual Rear Exit Touring Exhaust, as well as our Bugatti inspired Dual Sport exhaust. If you own a Thermal R&D product you know first hand that the crafstmanship of their product line is second to none. It's truly top of the line stuff. Well their new Raptor Roof Top System is no exception. The roof top took 6 months to design and is manufactured right here in the U.S.A. The entire top frame is constructed from tig welded aluminum tubing and topped off with removable aluminum roof panels, then powder coated with a lightly textured satin black finish giving the product an aggresive, yet refined look. The build quality is unreal... even when you look up from the drivers seat you'll appreciate just how much good ole' fashion American ingenuity went into this product.
The top features two raptor wings that elevate with a built in hydraulic shock on each side. To lift the wings from their locked position, you'll press the latch located on the underside of the wing allowing it to articulate up and out of the way.. giving you adequate head clearance to enter and exit the Slingshot. You'll notice when in the seated position with the wings closed you have an ample amount of head room with or without a helmet.
Accessories (Sold Separately)
- Optional Overhead Dual Speaker Mount with Switch Plate - The center of the roof top with the thermal logo plate is slightly elevated. We'll that's not just for looks. That section is elevated because we offer an "optional" speaker & switch plate that can be mounted inside the cabin on the underside of the roof. The plate features (2) cutouts so that you can house a pair of your favorite 6 1/2" speakers and also includes 6 dash switch locations so that you can control your favorite 12v mods from the switch plate above.. kinda like a fighter pilot. Now you're probably wondering how you're gonna get your wiring up to the overhead switch plate without having an eye sore of wiring in plain sight. To address this, we've created a circular cutout on the left side frame bar nearest the mirror mount, so that you can route your wiring through the frame and out of sight. There's also a corner junction box on the drivers side that's removable, that then allows you to continue your wiring run to the "center most" portion of the roof top, where your optional speakers and switches will be located.
- Optional Rear View Mirror Bung Welded into the Frame - Since the Slingshot doesn't come with a Rear View Mirror.. we've also added a threaded bung into the frame that allows you to easily add our optional Ram Mount Rear View Mirror System in place.
- Optional Tufskinz Thermal R&D Colored Logo Insert - Lastly, we do offer the Thermal R&D Logo in both Carbon Fiber and Most OE Slingshot Paint Colors for a subtle pop of color to your new Raptor Roof Top System!
Features of the Thermal R&D Raptor Roof Top System for the Polaris Slingshot
- TIG Welded Aluminum Frame & Removable Roof Panels with a Black Textured Finish
- Driver & Passenger Hydraulic Wings for easy Entry & Exit into the Slingshot
- Built in Rear View Mirror Bung on the Upper Frame Support for Maximum Rear View Visibility
- Integrated Electrical Wiring Cutouts to run wires through the frame for a clean look
- Optional Dual 6 1/2" Overhead Speaker Plate with (6 ) 12V Switch Cutouts
- Optional Colored Thermal R&D Tufskinz Logo Insert
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
**Please note that the MFG has replaced the 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners shown with a new style of hardware, allowing for better fitment during assembly throughout all model years, while further reducing panel vibration. The new McMaster hardware provided with the top is powder coated black to match the top and includes the following...
• Alloy Steel Hex Drive Flat Head Screws (powder coated black)
• Brass Countersunk Washers (powder coated black)
• Abrasion-Resistant Cushioning Washers (for noise and vibration dampening)
• Steel Nylon-Insert Flange Locknuts
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ!
- The roof system DOES NOT provide any type of rollover or crash support for your Slingshot and is intended to be used as a SUN SHADE ONLY!
|Thickness||1.65" Bar Diameter|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.ca.gov