DDMWorks Turbo Kit for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-19)
- Login & Earn 2995 Points when purchasing this item
- Part Name: polaris-slingshot-stage-1-turbo-kit-ddmworks
- Part Number: SM-5823
- *** PLEASE ALLOW 4-6 WEEKS TO PACK & SHIP ***
|Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE
|Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE
|Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE / SLR
|Slingshot GT LE / S / SL / SLR / SLR LE
|Slingshot GT / S / SL / SLR
Polaris Slingshot Turbocharger Kit by DDMWorks
The DDMWorks Turbo kit for the Polaris Slingshot takes your Slingshot from the stock 150HP at the wheel, to a tire shredding 270hp and almost 300 ft/lbs of torque at the wheel. This bolt on kit is set to 7psi of boost using an OEM style internally waste-gated turbo. All the parts needed for the installation are included, including the tune. Even though this is our entry level kit, all of the parts have been chosen to give you the highest reliability and consistent smooth power after the installation. That installation is designed to be completed by the average homeowner over a weekend and provide a big boost in power with smooth drivability that is reliable and easy to drive. The DDMWorks Turbo Kit for the Polaris Slingshot is backed by a 1-year warranty against material or craftsmanship defects. Install is estimated to take 7-12 hours, but will vary greatly depending on experience. The kit comes with a full color installation manual, along with the manufacturer providing full technical support by way of phone and email. No cutting or welding is needed, as the kit was designed to be as easy as possible by the end user, although professional installation is always recommended.
Polaris Slingshot Stage 1 Turbo Kit Features:
- Custom DDMWorks 2871 Turbo
- Easy 6-7psi of boost producing 270HP at the rear tire (depending on exhaust options).
- Internally waste-gated turbo using genuine Borg Warner boost actuator.
- DDMWorks shorty exhaust (2.5" front exit in stock location)
- Mandrel bent aluminum tubes with smooth bends (no weld marks) for the best airflow, power and aesthetics.
- Custom DDMWorks intercooler and mount specifically designed for the Slingshot.
- Color options!! The charge tubes can be done in the standard black or red. For an additional charge we offer custom Slingshot powdercoat colors.
- Plug and play 2 Bar MAP sensor for accurate fueling with MAP clip included.
- Upgraded NGK spark plugs that are 1 step colder.
- Water cooled turbo with Stainless braided hoses and AN fittings (no rubber hoses).
- Stainless braided oil drain line and oil supply to the turbo (no rubber hoses).
- DDMWorks Turbo tune included in the price of the kit, designed to run on 91 octane or better.
- Online, phone and text tech support available for questions when ordering or during installation.
- No additional engine internal parts needed for install, the kit includes everything you need.
- ECM's can be sent to our location in South Carolina for flashing or to California, whichever is more convenient for you.
- We can supply a new oil pan with welded in oil drain fitting and oil pan gasket to make installation easier.
When picking a turbo for the Stage 1 kit we wanted to make sure it was going to reliable and provide efficient boost. We ended up building a custom 2871 turbo that provides the efficiency and the power level for the base power, but can also be turned up with supporting mods to over 350hp.
The DDMWorks turbo adapter is a one of a kind design, CNC machined from a solid piece of billet stainless steel. We used 3-D printing technology during development to ensure a perfect fit when installing. This adapter allows the turbo to bolt direct to the factory exhaust manifold or most of the aftermarket manifolds available for the Polaris Slingshot with just 3 bolts. When the turbo is shipped, this adapter comes already installed on the turbo allowing for a quicker more confident installation.
ECU / Tune
When adding any forced induction to the Slingshot one of the most important elements is the tune that makes the kit run safely and reliably. Therefore we spent a lot of time focusing not only on full throttle maximum power but also working extensively on the day to day drivability of the system to make the system feel as OEM as possible. The goal is to give you a lot of power but make it smooth like something from the factory, best of all the cost of the turbo tune is included in the price of the kit.
The kit includes a genuine GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor with a custom harness for a simple plug and play installation. Also included is the DDMWorks MAP clip which adds an extra layer of protection keeping the MAP sensor from coming out of the intake manifold under boost.
Wastegate – The DDMWorks 2871 turbo comes with a highly efficient integrated internal wastegate. This wastegate comes pre-adjusted from DDMWorks for the correct boost level with no adjustments necessary. The internal wastegate allows for rock steady boost control without boost spikes or overboost that can lead to engine damage.
Front Mount Intercooler
The DDMWorks custom designed and manufactured front mount intercooler is made especially for the Slingshot. Our setup has continued to always show the lowest intake temperatures of any system we have tested yet. This intercooler has a custom lower mount and shrouding to help direct air into the intercooler to maintain low post intercooler temperatures. Charge tubes leading to and from the intercooler are available in black or red as standard with custom colors available on request.
Includes a new genuine K&N air filter that is re-usable and comes with a million mile warranty.
The turbo kit ships with 1 heat range colder spark plugs included to add another layer of engine safety to the kit.
Fittings and Oil Lines
The DDMWorks turbo kit requires the installation of a fitting on your stock oil pan for the turbo oil return. The oil supply, oil drain and both water lines are manufactured from stainless steel braided lines and beautiful aluminum AN fittings on the ends for durability and a long life. A new oil pan with oil drain fitting already welded and an oil pan gasket is an option we offer to make installation even easier.
All of the nuts, bolts, etc. required for installation are included in the kit No trips to the hardware store required
Notes: The turbo system is designed to hook directly to the DDMWorks race exhaust. Installation for the Slingshot turbo kit by DDMWorks is estimated to take around 7-12 hours depending on experience. There is no need for cutting or welding, and a color installation manual is provided with every kit. DDMWorks backs the turbo kit with a 1 year warranty against material or craftsmanship defects. Full technical support is available via phone, email, or text. The kit was designed to be installed easily by owners at home over a weekend , however, we do recommend that this kit is Professionally Installed.
*NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLES IN CALIFORNIA OR STATES ADOPTING CALIFORNIA EMISSION PROCEDURES.
|+100hp increase to the rear wheel
|Black / Red / Other
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.ca.gov