Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition System for the Polaris Slingshot (2015-19)
- Login & Earn 249 Points when purchasing this item
- Part Name: slingshot-keyless-entry
- Part Number: SM-60
|2015||Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE|
|2016||Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE|
|2017||Slingshot Base / SL / SL LE / SLR|
|2018||Slingshot GT LE / S / SL / SLR / SLR LE|
|2019||Slingshot GT / S / SL / SLR|
Polaris Slingshot Keyless Ignition System - RFID
Enjoy the keyless convenience of our Polaris Slingshot keyless start system. The keyless system is direct plug-and-play for your Slingshot. Installation is as simple as unplugging the harness, and installing the plug n play harness. RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification Device) tag is used to only start ignition within a certain range. With the combination of over 6 billion different codes, you can rest assured your keyless ignition will differ from others. Each kit is designed to perform under extreme environments. The sealed control module is made out of military grade FR-4 circuit boards, with small SMT components for durability. Each kit passes a thorough inspection, as it has to pass the harsh ISO9001 testing and TS16949 OEM Automotive certifications.
What does the SlingMods Keyless Ignition Kit include?
• FOB- Keychain Remote
• RFID Receiver - Goes under dash and receives an RF signal from the keychain FOB.
• Power Switch - Provides power to the red start button, like turning the manual key does. The power switch is also the kill switch when you're parked or in case you need an emergency engine shut-off switch.
• Accessory Power Switch (Sold Separately) - Tiny hidden switch under the dash that allows you to run accessory power "only" to run radio, lighting, etc. while the engine is not running.
• Plug & Play Wiring Harness - There will be no splicing of wires with this kit. It's 100% Plug & Play and uses the exact same toggle switches that Polaris uses.. so the install looks factory.
How to Start the SS with Keyless Start?
You'll have a FOB in your pocket and when you're within 10 ft of the SS it will activate the RFID receiver. You'll then flip up the in-dash toggle switch to give power to the Red start button on the dash. You'll then be able to start the SS with the factory OEM red start button, this allows you to completely start your SS without the Key.
What if I want to listen to the radio in Accessory Mode and don't have my FOB? (Optional Upgrade, Sold Separately)
There will be a hidden "accessory" power switch under the dash that will allow you to run accessory power "only" for the Radio, Aftermarket Lighting, etc. without the use of the FOB or Key.
What if I drive off without my FOB while the engine is running?
I've done this several times. My wife holds the FOB in her purse and I drop her off at home with the engine running and say Goodbye... I then drive off to my next destination without my FOB!!! We have two safety measures in place to address this issue. First, if you don't have the FOB with you and you turn off the engine.. the RFID system stays active for 30 seconds, allowing you to quickly start the engine again to go get your FOB back.
|Plug 'n' Play||Yes|
|Warranty||Mfg. 1-Year Warranty|
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.p65warnings.ca.gov